Friday, September 24, 2021

What happens to words and meanings

As most of my readers know, in this blog, I've limited myself to asking questions.

Now I have to place questions in the Google slot, and ask it in many different ways to get some reference material.

Among the answers I received that weren't dictionary website sourced, I found the one gem that actually informed me about what I sensed but I couldn't prove, and Goggle approved it, so I present my gem source as true and accurate.

As I have suspected, certain words that are in use must be approved by the political power structure in each nation marshaling words for their "politically correct" usage, for instance in France, the word "solidarity" has a unique meaning for codifying what the powers want to accomplish in pursuit of their political agenda.  

Here's another question I asked my Google search slot:  What happens to those words that are not politically correct?

I saw this:  "And for more expressions you should never utter, check out the Common Phrases That You Didn't Know Have Racist Origins."

And I added 2 websites that I cite in my research links.

As all of my readers of this blog know,  I leave my readers to puzzle out what they want their words to mean.  I expect my readers will make their own independent decision whether to use only PC approved words, or continue to use words based in their own POV's and  sensitivities.

https://www.rd.com/article/how-words-get-removed-from-dictionary/ 

https://ehlion.com/magazine/politically-correct-language/ 

https://bestlifeonline.com/offensive-sayings/

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment